- This event has passed.
First House Meeting
The House System provides the framework for caring for students, encourages participation in sporting and cultural extra-curricular activities, encourages participation in academic activities and promotes leadership development.
The House System promotes a keen but good-natured rivalry between House teams to see who will win the House Trophy each year. Points towards this prize accumulate from the various sporting and cultural/academic competitions that are held throughout the year.
By setting up a House System, we suspect that strong house loyalty and a sense of fun and friendly competition will capture the school atmosphere.
During the year, the Houses compete against each other in a number of activities which may change from year to year. Some of these activities are listed below:
- Physical activity competitions
- Organization of Sports Events (Athletics, Soccer, Volleyball etc.)
- Participation in before and after school physical activities
- Community outreach – Volunteerism
- Contribution to school Culture
- Building projects at the school (e.g. Science fair competition)
CompetitionsAcademic – Examples
- Creative writing
Social – Examples
- Organize events
- Initiatives to support other students
- Games tournaments (Foosball etc.)
House groups can also be used to:
- To welcome visitors to the school
- Represent the school at functions
- Co-ordinate activities around the school or sporting events
- Develop a sense of ownership at Ladela
- Develop a sense of responsibility for their part of the school (Cleanliness, presentation and projects)